Why Does an International Student Need a Custodian?
Custodians are not the same as guardians. "Guardian" is a legal term; guardians are substitute decision-makers for minors who are deemed to be incapable of making decisions that are fundamental to their well-being. The inference is that legal guardians have a more formal legal relationship with children in their care than custodians.
A Fully Comprehensive SASS Custodianship Service Includes:
- 24-hour Emergency student contact
- Notarized Custodianship form by Public Notary provided
- Contacting and meeting the student each semester
- Conscientious monitoring and coordination of student’s movements (weekend trips, outings with friends, tracking information sheet attached as a report)
- Personal mentoring
In order to receive a SASS custodianship letter and service, student's parents must follow the steps:
- Fill out and sign Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Custodian Declaration - Custodian form (Please download and save the form on your computer and then open it with Adobe);
- Fill out and sign Student Academic Success Strategies Custodianship Program in Canada form;
- Read and initial each page of the Statement of Terms and Conditions Custodianship Program in Canada;
- Provide a copy of the passport picture page;
- Provide a copy of Acceptance Letter from the school;
- Scan and email all the mentioned documents above to [email protected]